Regardless of whether you are planning a corporate event, or a small wedding, the right venue makes a big difference. There are varied kinds of venues to choose from, but a banquet in the heart of a good property or hotel has its own merit. In this post, we are discussing 5 important pointers that may come in handy to plan a banquet.
- Start with a guest list. Even a tentative guest list would do, but make sure to have a number in mind. This just ensures that you can sort banquets and venues based on the number of people that can be accommodated.
- Think of location. For corporate events and personal parties, attendance is a mark of success, and it is absolutely necessary to think of the location. Make sure that your guests can make it to the venue. For certain locations, you may have to arrange for additional transport, which can add to your budget, so choose the banquet accordingly.
- Arrangements. If you are going for a hotel or a ready banquet that also offers accommodation, it is always an advantage. In case you have to arrange for stay for guests, or need to have extra rooms, you can actually plan things accordingly.
- Requirements. As far as business meetings and corporate events are concerned, certain requirements are a must, such as audio-visual equipment, seating arrangements, basic décor and so on. The kind of support that the banquet management can offer is important and may reduce your work considerably, as far as planning is concerned. They can also offer ready menus for catering and other services.
- Of course, budget is an important aspect for selecting an event venue, and it is always better to ask for an estimate in advance. We have mentioned budget at the bottom of the list, because it is necessary to consider all the relevant aspects first before taking money on priority.
Finally, do consider availability. Depending on the date of the event, you may have to book way before in advance, so as to get the banquet or room of your choice. Many hotels and properties also have garden terrace, which could be a great alternative to the standard walled banquets. Just start looking before in advance and review as many options as possible to select one. Your event needs a space that justifies its grandness. Check online now to shortlist a few options.